Right now, I work for The Tor Project, a non-profit which advances basic freedoms and human rights by creating and distributing free anonymity software you can trust.
Previously, I edited & wrote for Washington Square News, NYU's official student paper, and the Freedom of the Press Foundation.
Here's a selection of clips from the last few years.
For the Tor Project:
- Relay Operators! Come Hang Out in Montreal, September 2017.
- Tor Browser Downloads Are Up in 2017, August 2017.
- De-Anonymization, Smart Homes, and Erlang: Tor is Coming to SHA2017, July 2017.
- Stop the FCC from Destroying Net Neutrality, July 2017.
- Apps for Communicating and Organizing in the Age of Trump, NYU Local, November 2016.
- The Syrian Civil War, tommycollison.com, April 2016.
- ISIS, Terrorism, and Religious Differences, tommycollison.com, February 2016.
- Churchill's Hiccup, and the Modern Nation State, tommycollison.com, February 2016.
- WSN Influential Students: Noah Geib, Washington Square News, December 2015.
- Encryption Works: A Guide to Protecting Your Privacy for Journalists, Sources, and Everyone Else, Freedom of the Press Foundation, white-paper, September 2015.
- Steps to Protect Yourself from Online Creeps and Stalkers, tommycollison.com, May 2015.
- Stop the FCC from Destroying Net Neutrality, Tor Project Blog, July 2017.
- Everyone Should Learn a Foreign Language in College, Washington Square News, March 2017
- Studying Abroad 2.0, Washington Square News, September 2016.
- NYU Local, Disability, Representation, tommycollison.com, October 2015.
- Facebook's Real Name Policy Must Go, Washington Square News, September 2015.
- Netzpolitik Shows Importance of Free Press, Washington Square News, August 2015.
- Users Must be Wary of Webcam Snooping, Washington Square News, April 2015.
- AT&T payment plan further erodes privacy, Washington Square News, February 2015.
- Free speech under attack before Hebdo, Washington Square News, February 2015.
- NYU free speech stance online deserves credit, Washington Square News, November 2014.
- #GamerGate highlights industry misogyny, Washington Square News November 2014.
- Apple’s efforts strengthen personal privacy, Washington Square News November 2014.
I've written for Washington Square News since September 2013; click here to see almost all of my work there.
When I was 16, I self-published a 20,000-word series of essays on growing up with a physical disability. I include them for the sake of completeness, and you can read them here.